ABC’s Bird-Smart wind strategy can work. As they point out, their goal is simple:
The American Bird Conservatory seeks to reduce the loss of birds, particularly threatened, endangered, and other protected species. Here are a few of the steps they are taking as part of their Bird-Smart wind strategy:
- Strengthen state and federal regulations governing wind energy development.
- Encourage independent, scientifically-valid pre-construction risk assessment.
- Ensure that wind turbines stay out of sensitive areas for birds.
- Oppose the worst-sited wind energy projects.
- Encourage the development and use of effective methods of mitigation.
- Fight for scientific rigor and transparency in the collection and reporting of bird kill data. No more guessing!
- Seek compensation when public trust resources are taken.
- Educate the public and key decision makers about the dangers of industrial wind projects.
These ABC goals are all worth supporting. Every little change can impact the lives of thousands of birds and bats.The American Bird Conservatory's Bird-Smart wind strategy can work. #birds #wind Click To Tweet Every little change in wind energy policy can impact the lives of thousands of birds and bats. Click To Tweet
Broken Wing: Birds, Blades and Broken Promises, an incredible account of the broken promises of the wind industry, is available now as a Kindle ebook on Amazon. Fight big wind! Read this book now to find out what more you can do to fight big wind and save more birds.