1. The claim to lower CO2 emissions is wrong. — The electricity grid demands normalcy. The grid must be maintained at capacity. Intermittent electricity from wind power does not maintain capacity. It must have back up, carbon intensive.
2. The claim to free energy is untrue. — Wind energy requires building large towers with incredibly expensive turbines. Transmission costs are also high.
3. The claim to positive environmental impact is false. — The neodymium, a key mineral making up wind turbines, indirectly causes the death of thousands of Chinese in the rare earth mines each and every year.
4. The claim to an efficient energy source is not true. — At best turbines convert 12-20% of the potential energy available into electricity.
5. The claim to more jobs is clearly not right. — For every job created in the renewable energy sector, about three jobs are destroyed in other sectors.
6. The claim to lower electric costs is a broken promise. — Wind energy wouldn’t even be viable without massive government subsidies.
7. The claim to positive health results is a misdirection. — People are getting sick from infrasound and turbine flicker.
8. The claim to a greener planet is unproven. — The wind is touted as free, non-polluting, environmentally friendly, safe for humans, efficient, and effective against climate change. None of this is true. None of it.
9. The claim of no harm to birds and bats is baseless. — Millions of birds die in the spinning blades. Hawks, eagles, falcons, owls, bats, even songbirds die.
See also: 11 Ways to Kill Big Wind ProjectsMillions of birds die from wind turbines. Hawks, eagles, falcons, owls, bats, even songbirds die. Click To Tweet
Broken Wing: Birds, Blades and Broken Promises, an incredible account of the broken promises of the wind industry, is available now as a Kindle ebook on Amazon.